Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Experience of Abraham (Part 8) - Transitioning

The following weekend, my dad was ready to give his last sermon as the pastor of the Baptist denomination in Santiago.

I probably wasn't there, as we children would usually be running around upstairs after children's service had ended. I wish I was there. I wish I could hear what was said during that time -- what really made my dad give up his pastorship and follow this ministry, almost blindly.

I guess having heard it second-hand is pretty swell. I hope hearing it third-handedly for you guys hasn't watered down the original event. Anyhow, from what I remember hearing from my source was that my dad basically shared what I have been sharing with you guys for the last few weeks. All the events - kicked out of Korea, establishing something in Santiago, finding the Life-Studies, fasting for a week, etc... As he shared this, he basically told the congregation, that he had found this way and that this was the way he was going to take. He didn't coerce anybody from the congregation, nor uplift this way that he was going to take. He just left it open for the assembly.

 Apparently, it was a half-split. Half of the congregation followed my dad to meet with the Church in Santiago, while half remained.

I think from here I'm going to transition into my side of the story again.. I'll post some time soon as this post was fairly short.

No comments:

Post a Comment