Thursday, August 11, 2011

College Training 2011 - A Man of God

It's getting late.. I have yet to pack for my trip to St. Louis tomorrow. I'm working on the Exp. of Abraham Part 5 pretty soon.. Sad thing is I have to read my blog to see where I left off at, and then start brainstorming again. I really want to make this blog thing a every day thing. I think it's a good practice to set aside 15 minutes to just write about anything.

Anyhow, today will be a recap of the College Training which was in Fairborn, Ohio. For those of you who don't know, the College Training is awesome. It's something that I do have the words to describe them with, but don't want to use them because I'm afraid that even those words cannot capture my excitement. You just have to come and see.

This year, the topic was on the man of God as seen on 1 and 2 Timothy. I really enjoyed that a man of God is simply one who partakes of God's life and nature, to the point that he becomes so one with God's life and nature, thus expressing God's life and nature. It's so simple: just enjoy the Lord, and then you express the Lord. There are various aspects of what a man of God is. One that strikes me the most and the one I remember the best is that a man of God is a good minister of Christ Jesus. This is based on 2 Tim. 4:6. In order for you to be able to minister Christ, you yourself have to be feeding on this Christ. In fact the best ministers are those who are the best eaters.

Speaking of ministering, a brother that I'm very close to introduced me to this audio file of another brother who speaks regarding our constitution for the truth. It's a four-hour sharing of how to become really constituted with the ministry and the Word. I haven't fully had the time to dive deep into it yet, but I appreciated this verse in 2 Tim. 2:2 - "And the things which you have heard from me through many witnesses, these commit to faithful men, who will be competent to teach others also."

Here you see 5 generations of ministers --
1st: Paul "me"
2nd: many witnesses
3rd: Timothy "you"
4th: faithful men
5th: others

This shows that the New Testament ministry, which is the ministry that started with John the Baptist and continued by the Lord Jesus, Peter, Paul, John and those later in church history, is a ministry that is continually passed down. It doesn't stay with me, nor do I selfishly hold on to it, but whatever I see, whatever I experience, it's for others to enjoy!

Anyhow, I better get packing..

No comments:

Post a Comment